Mineral extraction is a process for extracting minerals after ore mining.
The desired metal is extracted through the processes of mineral process, smelting and refining.
The Run of Mine (ROM) from the mine contains many of the unwanted gangue minerals as well as the beneficial minerals we want.
The process of crushing this ore and extracting the mineral we want by gravity, magnetic force, and surface characteristics is called
Mineral Process. This process is to separate by physical action not chemical action. The ores that have undergone this process are called
'ore concentration'. It is usually transported outside after Mineral Process in the mine. This process is also called 'Milling' or 'Beneficiation'.
Smelting is the process of obtaining a pure metal by using a chemical reduction reaction of a 'ore concentrate' sent from a mine.
The process of iron extraction from iron ore (iron oxide), and the process of producing pure copper metal from copper concentrate is the
smelting process. The smelting process is not carried out in the mines, but is carried out to the factories equipped with facilities.
Refining is the process of increasing the purity of primary product from the smelting process.
Flow Diagram[ Lithium Extraction Process ]
1. The mined ore is calcined in a brittle state by heating at 1070 ° C through a rotary kiln for calcination, and then cooled to 200 ° C
in a calcining rotary cooler
2. The cooled ores are crushed through a ball mill and mixed with sulfuric acid (H2SO4) in a mixer.
3. All the dust that is generated at this time is collected and supplied to the roasting process.
4. The crushed lithium ore is heated to 250 ° C in a roasting kiln and cooled again to 80 ° C through a roasting cooler.
5. At this time, the dust and smoke are completely sealed by the exhaust system so that they do not come out.
6. The cooled mixture extracts lithium from the leaching hopper.